History and Scope
Herman Weaver started the first Weaver company, in 1939, at the age of twenty-five. It was then that he and his wife Edith founded the W. H. Weaver Construction Company in his hometown of Greensboro. During the early years, the company specialized in residential construction. Weaver Realty Company, a real estate management and mortgage banking firm, was started in 1946, and, in the early 1950’s, the Weaver Construction Company diversified into commercial and industrial construction. By the 1960’s the companies had grown and expanded with operations in six southeastern states.
The Weaver’s son, H. Michael Weaver, joined the family businesses in the fall of 1961 and later expanded the companies into real estate development, investment, brokerage, and syndication. The primary company now is the Weaver Investment Company, which directly invests in real estate and in a variety of business concerns and ventures. Weaver Investment Company also functions as a family
office, managing the equity and fixed income portfolios for Weaver family members and providing a variety of support services.
In recent years, the scope of operations has enlarged with the acquisition of Pella Window distributorships (serving North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky); Park Center Management Company, a full service commercial and residential property management company; and, Stoney Creek Golf Course, one of North Carolina’s premier semi-private courses.
Lee McAllister joined the Weaver Group as President/CEO in 1999, enabling Mike Weaver to begin an active retirement. Mike Weaver remains active in management consultation and guidance and continues his interest in philanthropy and civic work through the Weaver Foundation.